Includes PRINTABLE and INTERACTIVE PDF, plus DIGITAL ACCESS for Google Classroom use!
This 11-page product includes everything to help students grasp how supporting details work in paragraph writing! Includes:
- one-page handout on the structure of a paragraph, and where and how supporting details fit within a paragraph; also includes a brief introduction to how to organize supporting details (chronological, description, process, etc.)
- one-page handout with graphic organizer how how to create supporting details from a topic sentence
- two-page worksheet on identifying unnecessary details in a paragraph; students are given paragraphs, then are tasked with identifying the unnecessary details, and explain why these details are not needed or don't fit
- one-page multiple choice activity on choosing the supporting idea that does NOT support a topic sentence
- two-page graphic organizer work on creating supporting ideas: students are given a topic sentence, then are tasked with creating supporting ideas to support the topic sentence and controlling idea
- Answer Keys included
PRINTABLE and INTERACTIVE PDF, plus DIGITAL ACCESS for Google Classroom use!