Where the Red Fern Grows No-Prep Novel Study Unit - Over 130 Pages! This standards-based teaching guide includes worksheets, activities, assessments, and more for teaching Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls! This product is a printable PDF and will need modification for use in Google Classroom.
In this comprehensive Where the Red Fern Grows Teaching bundle, you'll get:
Texts and Pre-Reading Activities to engage students and to support and introduce themes and context before reading
✴️ Pre-Reading Ideas and Activities List
✴️ Informational Text article on Coonhounds
✴️ Informational Text article on Grief and Loss
✴️ Author Biography with questions on Wilson Rawls
✴️ Vocabulary Lists, with and without definitions
✴️ Allusions, Slang, and Terms from the novel
✴️ Anticipation/Reaction Guide
✴️ Active Reading Note-Taking Graphic Organizers
Novel-based Literary Analysis Activities that support student practice in text analysis and close reading and dig deeper into the text, specifically, activities on:
✳️ Literary Terms and Plot Devices
✳️ Theme - Poem Connection
✳️ Figurative Language
✳️ Textual Evidence
✳️ Mood and Tone
✳️ Character Traits
✳️ Analyzing Plot
Novel-based Language and Writing Activities that support student practice, specifically on:
➡️ Narrative Writing
➡️ Informative Essay
➡️ Nonrestrictive Clauses
➡️ Argumentative Writing
➡️ Audience and Purpose
✴️ 100 Comprehension Questions PLUS all Questions in Task Card Format!
✴️ Reading Quizzes
✴️ Vocabulary Quizzes
✴️ 30-Question Final Test that includes matching, multiple-choice, and short-response questions
✴️ 25-Question Multiple Choice Final Test
✴️ Final Vocabulary Test
✴️ Post-Reading Ideas and Extension Activities List
✴️ Essay Prompts and Creative Writing Ideas
✴️ Teacher Notes
✴️ Sample Teacher Agenda
✴️ Novel Summary
✴️ Writing Rubrics
✴️ Complete Answer Key
Here's what customers are saying about this Where the Red Fern Grows Novel Study:
*Please note that this product was moved from our Elementary TPT store - With a 4.9/5 Rating out of 150 Ratings!*
- I was looking for a challenging packet for my 6th grade class, and this has worked perfectly! You have done an excellent job of integrating the standards into this packet! - Sara E.
- If I could give this resource 6 stars, I would! It is excellent! So happy with this purchase. It made teaching literature a breeze, and I love that it includes writing and grammar as well. It contains so many great questions that are really thought-provoking and an abundance of activities to choose from to expand learning. I am already planning the books we will read for the rest of the year based on which ones have literature units by Simply Novel - Mandi B.
- My students enjoyed working on ELA standards throughout a novel over a short passage. This was an amazing way to build stamina while challenging students to work to their fullest potential. - Ashley L.
- I absolutely loved this user-friendly lesson plan for Where the Red Fern Grows! - Blake D.
- This is a great go-to for this whole class novel! - Musa Greca Press
- I love how much there is for the students to use in this. Very thorough and creative! - Cindi N.
- I was so excited to find this! I love teaching from this packet. My students are loving the pages and all of the content.
- This was my 1st year in 5th Grade and I needed something different from what was supplied for me. This is a fantastic way to get the kids writing good complete sentences answers and providing details! I love it! - Tia B.