Includes PRINTABLE and DIGITAL VERSIONS for Distance Learning, In-Person, and Virtual Learning Classrooms!
The more students are able to identify sentence parts, and what constitutes great writing, the better their own writing will be. In these lessons, students learn how modifiers, appositives, and gerunds can create variety and interest in writing.
- two-page lesson handout on identifying and using appositives (restatement of the noun or pronoun)
- one-page practice identifying appositives in sentences; includes Answer Key
- one-page lesson handout on identifying and using gerunds
- one-page practice worksheet identifying gerunds within sentence (and verb agreement); includes Answer Key
- one-page lesson handout on using modifiers in writing (what to look for in misplacement)
- two-page practice worksheet recognizing clear and unclear use of modifiers, correcting and rewriting for clarity; includes Answer Key
- one-page lesson handout on punctuating sentences with modifiers
- two-page practice worksheet identifying essential and non-essential clauses, and correcting punctuation to fit; includes Answer Key