5 Literary Analysis activities for your teaching unit on The Watsons Go To Birmingham - 1963 by Christopher Paul Curtis. Includes specific activities on Point of View, Inference, Character Interactions, Figurative Language, and Theme! Answer Key included.
- 2-page activity on Point of View having students complete a graphic organizer and analyze quotes from Kenny's point of view
- 2-page activity on Inference, as students find quotes from the text and draw inferences on specific incidents in the novel
- 2-page activity on Character Interactions, as students complete graphic organizers with details from the novel to contrast Kenny and Byron, then complete a writing exercise
- 2-page activity on Figurative Language, as students identify similes and metaphors from the text and explain/analyze the meaning and purpose within the text
- 2-page activity on Theme, in which students complete graphic organizers gathering textual evidence for several themes of the novel
- Includes Answer Keys whenever possible (some writing is subjective)
Includes both PRINTABLE and DIGITAL VERSIONS for Distance Learning and In-Person Classrooms.