SPECIAL NOTE for DISTANCE LEARNING : I have marked this product as useful for Distance Learning as this bundle is an entire "ready-to-use," complete unit of study for The Hunger Games. This bundle has everything from pre-reading activities to post-reading assessment tools, and everything in-between.
Our products are designed to require as much or as little teacher instruction or intervention as you desire. Lessons and activities are clear, and provide students with full explanation on how to complete activities (giving examples and providing mini-lessons whenever possible), requiring little to no explanation (or detailed teaching) from the teacher. In many cases, students will be able to self-direct their study and completion of work according to your requirements. Additionally, I have unlocked the PDF and separated Student Materials from Teacher Materials so that those who need to use parts of this Guide in Google Classroom can modify it for their needs.
PLEASE NOTE: This material is still copyright protected, and it is a violation to sell or post these materials in any publicly accessible site. You may, however post what you need for your students on a secure school site or similar, where the general public cannot access these materials. THANK YOU!
This 307-page Hunger Games teaching guide is chock-full of activities, handouts, worksheets, quizzes, tests, projects, and more for teaching The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.
Here's what one customer said about this Hunger Games Literature Guide: Jeni C. said: I knew this would be a great resource, but I was not expecting it to be at this magnitude! Wonderful resource, very thorough, and well worth what I paid! Includes lots of directions, activities, quizzes, and assessments. Thanks!
Over 300 pages of ready-to-go materials, including:
- 19 specific Pre-Reading Ideas and Activity Prompts
- Reading: Informational Text-focused activities, including:
- Biography on author Suzanne Collins with corresponding questions
- Article on the Myth of Theseus with corresponding questions
- Notes on Genre: Science Fiction, Dystopia, and Fantasy with corresponding questions
- Historical Context article on Propaganda
- Historical Context article on Roman Influences
- Allusions, Terminology, and Sayings from the novel (defined and explained)
- Vocabulary lists with and without definitions
- List of Characters with explanations
- Note-Taking and Summarizing pages
- Comprehension Check/Study Guide Questions for each Chapter
- Standards Focus/Literary Analysis activities with focus on:
- In Medias Res
- Building a Fictional World
- Character Analysis
- Literary Archetypes
- Point of View,
- Character Map
- Map of the Setting
- Inner Thoughts
- Language and Writing standards-based activities with focus on:
- Verb Tenses and Moods
- Coordinate and Cumulative Adjectives
- Author's Purpose
- Writing with Purpose/Concise Word Choice
- Reflective Writing
- Word Choice
- Writing Powerful Sentences
- Showing Not Telling
- Three Different "Hands-On/Active" Projects
- Reading and Vocabulary Quizzes
- Two Final Test versions
- Teacher Guide with Sample Agenda
- Summary of the Novel
- Rubrics for Projects Post-Reading Ideas and Alternative Assessment Ideas
- Complete Answer Key
Zoey's Teaching Place said: One of the most comprehensive units I have seen on this book. There are plenty of activities to push your high students and enough for the lower ability students. Just perfect for my classroom.
Please note that this product is available as a PDF download only.
Perfect for Distance learning on Google Classroom. Just add the Hunger Games PDF from Internet Archives and you are set!