Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor Literary Analysis Activities pack includes 7 awesome Literary Analysis activities for your Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry teaching unit! Text-based skills practice on Exposition, Character Foils, Protagonist/Antagonist Relationships, Rising Action and Resolving Tension, Setting and Symbolism, Climax and Falling Action, and Resolution. Help students DIG DEEPER into the novel while practicing essential Common Core skills of literary analysis with these handy activities.
- 2-page activity on Exposition - Setting the Story in Motion, having students complete a graphic organizer with background information to help identify exposition and set the stage for the novel
- 2-page activity on Character Foil, as students find quotes from the text and draw inferences on specific incidents in the novel to compare and contrast T.J. and Stacey
- 3-page activity on Protagonist/Antagonist Relationships, as students identify what the protagonists and antagonists from the text want, and explain/analyze specific characters and the tension/conflicts of the novel
- 3-page activity on Rising Action and Resolving Tension, in which students complete a graphic organizer gathering evidence of the problems and turning point of the plot and subplots of the novel, including unresolved conflicts
- 3-page activity on Setting and Symbolism, having students complete a graphic organizer on the setting of the novel and the importance to the plot of the story, as well as a graphic organizer of several key symbols in the novel
- 3-page activity on Climax and Falling Action, having students complete a chart inferring the conflicts and making conclusions about specific events of the novel, including falling action and remaining questions
- 2-page of questions having students analyze the Resolution of the novel, including the context in which the novel was written, and feelings about the ending
- Answer Keys
Includes both PRINTABLE and DIGITAL VERSIONS for Distance Learning and In-Person Classrooms.