This PACKED bundle of materials for Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor includes 8 awesome Literary Analysis activities for helping your students specifically with chapter focus activities on Exposition, Character Foils, Protagonist/Antagonist Relationships, Rising Action and Resolving Tension, Setting and Symbolism, Climax and Falling Action, Resolution, and a Character Map! Help students DUG DEEPER into the novel while practicing essential Common Core skills of literary analysis with these handy activities. Answer Keys included.
- 1-page Character Map, in which students complete a map of the "tree" of characters and their relationships
- 2-page activity on Exposition - Setting the Story in Motion, having students complete a graphic organizer with background information to help identify exposition and set the stage for the novel
- 2-page activity on Character Foil, as students find quotes from the text and draw inferences on specific incidents in the novel to compare and contrast T.J. and Stacey
- 2-page activity on Character Interactions, as students complete graphic organizers with details from the novel to contrast Kenny and Byron, then complete a writing exercise
- 2-page activity on Protagonist/Antagonist Relationships, as students identify what the protagonists and antagonists from the text want, and explain/analyze specific characters and the tension/conflicts of the novel
- 2-page activity on Rising Action and Resolving Tension, in which students complete a graphic organizer gathering evidence of the problems and turning point of the plot and subplots of the novel, including unresolved conflicts
- 2-page activity on Setting and Symbolism, having students complete a graphic organizer on the setting of the novel and the importance to the plot of the story, as well as a graphic organizer of several key symbols in the novel
- 2-page activity on Climax and Falling Action, having students complete a chart inferring the conflicts and making conclusions about specific events of the novel, including falling action and remaining questions
- 1-page of questions having students analyze the Resolution of the novel, including the context in which the novel was written, and feelings about the ending
- Includes Answer Keys
Includes both PRINTABLE and DIGITAL VERSIONS for Distance Learning and In-Person Classrooms.