Includes PRINTABLE and INTERACTIVE PDF, plus DIGITAL ACCESS for Google Classroom use! Help your students learn how to identify the different types of paragraphs they must write (descriptive, informative, persuasive, etc.) as well as summaries and paraphrasing. This 12-page product includes lessons, handouts, and tons of practice identifying paragraphs types, writing summaries, and paraphrasing! Includes:
- one-page handout on Types of Paragraphs and how to identify each (descriptive, informative, persuasive, narrative, summary, paraphrase)
- two-page multiple choice work, having students read a paragraph, then identify the main purpose (entertain, inform, persuade) and the type of paragraph given
- three-page handout on Summarizing Versus Paraphrasing (including actual student essay with examples on summarizing and paraphrasing)
- Summarizing Practice - 4 short articles for students to practice summarizing (4 pages)
- Paraphrasing Practice - 2 pages of practice paraphrasing
- Answer Key provided for multiple choice work; answers vary widely for written work (summaries and paraphrasing)
Includes PRINTABLE and INTERACTIVE PDF, plus DIGITAL ACCESS for Google Classroom use!