Help your students learn how to identify the different types of paragraphs they must write (descriptive, informative, persuasive, etc.) as well as how to write summaries and to paraphrase a short text. This 13-page product includes lessons, handouts, and tons of practice identifying paragraphs types, writing summaries, and paraphrasing! Help students work step-by-step to practice writing paragraphs.
- one-page handout on Types of Paragraphs and how to identify each (descriptive, informative, persuasive, narrative, summary, paraphrase)
- two-pages of multiple-choice work, having students read a paragraph, then identify the main purpose (entertain, inform, persuade) and the type of paragraph given
- three-page handout on Summarizing Versus Paraphrasing (including an actual student essay with examples on summarizing and paraphrasing)
- Summarizing Practice - 4 short articles for students to practice summarizing (4 pages)
- Paraphrasing Practice - 2 pages of practice paraphrasing
- Answer Key provided for multiple-choice work; answers vary widely for written work (summaries and paraphrasing)
Includes both PRINTABLE and DIGITAL VERSIONS for Distance Learning and In-Person Classrooms.