This My Brother Sam is Dead teacher guide contains 137 pages of student coursework, quizzes, tests, and more! Focus on your teaching with ready-to-go handouts, activities, comprehension questions, and assessments - all in one Guide!
Perfect for student-directed distance learning or homeschooling, however, this product is a PDF only and will need modification for use in Google Classroom.
Designed to require as much or as little teacher instruction or intervention as you desire. Lessons and activities are clear, and provide students with full explanation on how to complete activities (giving examples and providing mini-lessons whenever possible), requiring little to no explanation or detailed instruction from the teacher. In many cases, students will be able to self-direct their study and completion of work according to your requirements, making it perfect for distance learning.
This Guide includes:
- Pre-Reading Reading: Informational Text Activities on:
- Authors' Biographies with corresponding questions
- Article on The Revolutionary War: Parson's Encampment with corresponding questions
- Article on The Connecticut Militia with corresponding questions
Here's what one teacher had to say about our My Brother Sam is Dead teaching guide: Amy J. said: Another high quality resource. You can't go wrong with Simply Novel and Secondary Solutions resources.
- Pre-Reading Strategy Note-Taking Activity - Story Impressions
- Vocabulary Lists With and Without Definitions
- Note-Taking and Summarizing Chart for each chapter
- Reading Comprehension Check Questions for each chapter
- CCSS Reading: Literature standards focus on:
- Literary Response and Analysis
- Making Inferences - "It Says, I Say, and So"
- Understanding Foreshadowing
- Point of View
- Uses of Dialogue
- Plot - Graphic Organizer
- Character Web Graphic Organizer
- Setting Chart Graphic Organizer
- Theme Web
- CCSS Language standards-focused activities on:
- Distinguishing Physical and Mental Action Verbs
- Multiple Meaning Word Map
- "Being" Verbs
- Vocabulary Synonyms
- "Helping" Verbs
- Vocabulary Derivations
- Simple Verb Tense
- Figurative Language
- Literary Response and Analysis Model Essays with Literary Analysis writing strategy assignments
- Chapter Reading Quizzes
- Vocabulary Quizzes
- Two Different Final Exam Versions
- Summary of the Novel
- Notes for the Teacher
- Pre-Reading Ideas and Activities list
- Post-Reading Activities - Colonial Project Ideas list
- Essay-Writing Ideas and Prompts
- Alternative Assessment and Extension Activities
- Project and Response to Literature Rubrics
- Complete Answer Key
Literacy Addict said: Awesome resource! I absolutely appreciate the thoroughness of Simply Novel-Secondary Solutions resources. This one did not disappoint. Thanks so much!Please note that this product is available as a PDF download only.