Lord of the Flies 88-page teaching guide including student coursework, activities, quizzes, tests, and much more aligned with the Common Core ELA State Standards in Literature and the NCTE/IRA National ELA Standards for 9th through 11th grade.
Perfect for student-directed distance learning or homeschooling, however, this product is a PDF only and will need modification for use in Google Classroom.
Designed to require as much or as little teacher instruction or intervention as you desire. Lessons and activities are clear, and provide students with full explanation on how to complete activities (giving examples and providing mini-lessons whenever possible), requiring little to no explanation or detailed instruction from the teacher. In many cases, students will be able to self-direct their study and completion of work according to your requirements, making it perfect for distance learning.
This Lord of the Flies Literature Guide includes:
- Biography and corresponding questions on author William Golding (RI.9-10.1, RI.9-10.2, RI.9-10.3; RI.11-12.1, RI.11-12.2, RI.11-12.3)
- Anticipation/Reaction Pre-Reading Activity with pre-reading and post-reading reflections on themes (numerous standards addressed)
- Vocabulary List With and Without Definitions (RL.9-10.4, L.9-10.6; RL.11-11.4, L.11-12.6)
- Note-taking and Summarizing Activities for active reading throughout (W.9-10.4, W.9-10.10; W.11-12.4, W.11-12.10)
- Specific activities focused on Reading: Literature standards:
- Figurative Language (RL.9-10.4, L.9-10.5; RL.11-12.4, L.11-12.5)
- Main and Subordinate Characters (RL.9-10.1, RL.9-10.3; RL.11-12.1, RL.11-12.3)
- Tone and Mood (RL.9-10.4, L.9-10.5; RL.11-12.4, L.11-12.5)
- Elements of Style (RL.9-10.4, L.9-10.5; RL.11-12.4, L.11-12.5)
- Foreshadowing and Prediction (L.9-10.1, L.9-10.5; RL.11-12.1, L.11-12.5)
- Response to Literature (RL.9-10.1, RL.9-10.3; RL.11-12.1, RL.11-12.3)
- Symbolism (RL.9-10.4, L.9-10.5; RL.11-12.4, L.11-12.5)
- Character Types (RL.9-10.1, RL.9-10.3; RL.11-12.1, RL.11-12.3)
Shannon C. said: This literally saved my life. I have never bought something from secondary solutions that I didn't love. Great layout. Great activities. BEAUTIFUL!! Just WONDERFUL!!
- Specific activities focused on practicing a particular set of Reading: Language skills:
- Connotation/Denotation (L.9-10.5, L.9-10.5.B; L.11-12.5, L.11-12.5.B)
- Vocabulary Extension (L.9-10.4.A; L.11-12.4.A)
- Context Clues (L.9-10.4.A; L.11-12.4.A)
- Base Words/Root Words (L.9-10.4.B, L.9-10.4.C, L.9-10.4.D; L.11-12.4.B, L.11-12.4.C, L.11-12.4.D)
- Sentence Construction with Vocabulary (L.9-10.4.B, L.9-10.4.C, L.9-10.4.D; L.11-12.4.B, L.11-12.4.C, L.11-12.4.D)
- Synonyms (L.9-10.5, L.9-10.A; L.11-12.5, L.11-12.A)
- Analogies (L.9-10.5, L.9-10.A; L.11-12.5, L.11-12.A)
- Just for Fun! Vocabulary Crosswords for Chapters 1-6 and Chapters 7-12
- Reading and Vocabulary Quizzes
- Just for Fun! Final Test Review Crossword puzzle
- Two Final Test Versions - one entirely multiple choice
- Novel Summary
- Pre-Reading and Post-Reading Activities (numerous standards addressed)
- Essay/Writing Ideas and Prompts (numerous standards addressed)
- Project Rubric
- Response to Literature Rubric
- Complete Answer Key
Please note that this product is available as a PDF download only.