5-Week Unit for Lord of the Flies - an 88-page teaching guide including vocabulary, literary analysis skills practice activities, comprehension questions, quizzes, tests, and much more! Classroom-tested in over 1,900 classrooms, with a 4.8/5 Rating! Please note that this product is a printable PDF and
Here's what Leslie F. said about this Lord of the Flies unit: I was able to use this bundle with my transition aged students who never read Lord of the Flies because their previous teachers didn't feel like it was a novel they would be able to understand due to its complexity. This resource was invaluable for helping me guide them through this challenging text. It was so worth it in the end; the students really enjoyed the book and now I feel great having exposed them to this classic!
English Empowerment said: Awesome resource! Super detailed and packed full of resources.
This Lord of the Flies Literature Guide includes:
- Biography and corresponding questions on author William Golding
- Anticipation/Reaction Pre-Reading Activity with pre-reading and post-reading reflections on themes
- Vocabulary List With and Without Definitions
- Note-taking and Summarizing Activities for active reading throughout
Literary Analysis practice on:
- Figurative Language
- Main and Subordinate Characters
- Tone and Mood
- Elements of Style
- Foreshadowing and Prediction
- Response to Literature
- Character Types
Vocabulary/Language skills practice on:
- Vocabulary Extension
- Context Clues
- Base Words/Root Words
- Sentence Construction with Vocabulary
- Just for Fun! Vocabulary Crosswords for Chapters 1-6 and Chapters 7-12
- Reading and Vocabulary Quizzes
- Two Final Test Versions - one entirely multiple choice
- Novel Summary
- Pre-Reading and Post-Reading Activities
- Essay/Writing Ideas and Prompts
- Project Rubric
- Response to Literature Rubric
- Complete Answer Key
Rana E. said: Last year was my first time teaching Lord of the Flies. I used this resource practically every day to help me. This resource contains everything - vocabulary, background information, questions, and so on. This was worth every penny!
Shannon C. said: This literally saved my life. I have never bought something from Simply Novel that I didn't love. Great layout. Great activities. BEAUTIFUL!! Just WONDERFUL!!