Harriet the Spy No-Prep Novel Study Unit - Over 100 Pages! This standards-based teaching guide includes worksheets, activities, assessments, and more for teaching Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh! This product is a printable PDF and will need modification for use in Google Classroom.
In this comprehensive Harriet the Spy Teaching bundle, you'll get:
Texts and Pre-Reading Activities to engage students and to support and introduce themes and genre before reading
*Pre-Reading Ideas and Activities List
*Pre-Reading Selection - Dealing with Others
*Anticipation/Reaction Guide - "I Believe" Statements
*Author Biography with questions on Louise Fitzhugh
*Vocabulary Lists, with and without definitions
*Defined List of Allusions and Terms
*Note-Taking and Summarizing Organizer
Novel-based Literary Analysis Activities that support student practice in text analysis and close reading and dig deeper into the text, specifically, activities on:
- Point of View
- Figurative Language
- Structure of the Novel
Novel-based Language and Writing Activities that support student practice, specifically on:
- Using Context Clues
- Writing Narratives
- Fact & Opinion
*Over 100 Comprehension Questions
*Reading Quizzes by Chapter
*20-Question Final Test that includes multiple-choice, and short response questions
*20-Question Multiple Choice Final Test
*Post-Reading Activity - Dinner Menu
*Post-Reading Activities and Alternative Assessment List
*Essay and Writing Ideas
*5- Week Sample Teacher Agenda
*Summary of the Novel
*Sample Project Rubric
*Sample Essay-Response to Literature Rubric
*Complete Answer Key
Here's what customers are saying about this Harriet the Spy Novel Study:
*Please note that this product was moved from our Elementary TPT store*
- This resource is awesome! High quality and perfect for a book study! Thank you! - Jennifer J.
- So much in this awesome unit! Thanks! - Courtney W.
- This is one of the best literature units I have used! Very aligned to CCSS! - Mary Jo A.
- Excellent study guide. I purchased it for my higher-level third graders, but found myself using many of the activities with my whole class. - Don't Blink Educational Resources
- Awesome unit for this book. You won't need to do any work but printing and making copies. Worth every penny. - Zoey's Teaching Place
- A fantastic unit with a lot of great activities, use of imagination, creativity, higher-level thinking combined with comprehension questions and quizzes. I love it. It has become our next literacy unit! Thank you. - Erin M.