Great Expectations 200+ Page No-Prep Teaching Unit is a complete lesson bundle, including handouts, activities, comprehension and analysis questions on the novel, quizzes, tests, projects, and more. Classroom-Tested by over 600 teachers, with a 4.9/5 Star Rating! Please note that this product is a printable PDF and
Here's what Angelica R. said: This resource is helpful in tackling a large novel. It is organized in a comprehensible manner and has extra resources to assist with understanding the analytical side to the book. My students were able to focus on its depth and meanings in a much easier fashion. Worth it!
Trevillyan Education said: My students are 100% distance learning and this was a lifesaver. The novel studies course is a key element in the English 1 program and my AP students are using this novel study guide. They don't complain and it has resulted in much better discussions during our weekly video meetings.
This complete Great Expectations teacher resource includes:
- List of Pre-Reading Ideas and Activities
- Active Reading Guide: Note-Taking and Summarizing Charts
- Comprehension and Analysis Questions
- Reading Comprehension and Analysis Quizzes
- Post-Reading and Extension Ideas
- Essay and Writing Prompts
- Two Final Test Versions
- Teacher's Guide including Sample Agenda, Rubrics, Answer Key
- Common Core Alignment Documentation
Literary Analysis Activities and Worksheets on:
- Bildungsroman and Genre: Historical Fiction
- A Tale of Two Endings
- Wealth, Poverty, and Class in Victorian England
- London in the Early Nineteenth Century and Post-Industrial England
- Author Biography and questions on author Charles Dickens
- Vocabulary Lists: one with and one without definitions
- Extended Vocabulary List
- Vocabulary Quizzes
- Defined list of Allusions, Terminology, and Expressions
Picas and Pearls in 3123 (TpT Seller) said: This unit has been a lifesaver! I love the depth of the lessons, and how each chapter section includes work on not only the novel but applying different literary terms and focuses.
Literary Analysis activities and lessons focused on:
- Using Imagery and Figurative Language
- Foreshadowing and Theme
Writing Focus activities and lessons on:
- Character Sketch
- Writing About Character
- Altering Point of View
- Biographical Approach
- A Day in the Life
- Persuasive Essay
Language Focus activities and lessons on:
- Using Literary Devices and Rhetorical Techniques
- Sentence Structure
- Speaking and Listening Focus: Endings Debate
Sarah D. said: This resource allowed me to easily teach Great Expectations after school shut down last spring due to COVID. The activities are well done and engage the students in a variety of ways that encourage critical thinking and literary analysis. LOVE!
Donald T. said: Fantastic! Thanks so much! Well thought out and clear instructions, students loved it!
Denise A. said: Excellent resource...extremely helpful! The pre-reading activities are great for background knowledge about the world in the period this story is written. Thank you!