This Figurative Language & Writing Activities packet for Freak the Mighty by Rodman Philbrick includes awesome activities for helping your students with identifying and using figurative language, sensory details, and descriptive writing. 10 pages of materials.
- Practice identifying Figurative Language, then explaining the meaning with excerpts directly from the text
- Using Sensory Details practice, as students brainstorm sensory descriptions of their school cafeteria, and write a paragraph using the sensory images
- Descriptive Writing practice, as student identify sensory details and figurative language from the text, then practice their own descriptive detailed writing
- Connotation/Denotation worksheet, as students take excerpts of the text, identifying the connotation, meaning, and an alternative word or phrase.
- Writing in a Formal Style has students rewriting informal excerpts from the text into formal style using tips given in the lesson
- Includes Answer Keys whenever possible (some writing is subjective)
Includes both PRINTABLE and DIGITAL VERSIONS for Distance Learning and In-Person Classrooms.