161-page Frankenstein novel unit for teaching Mary Shelley's Frankenstein in grades 11-12. Classroom-tested by over 1,400 teachers with over 140 5-Star Reviews! Students will be able to self-direct their study in many cases, making it perfect for in-person or distance learning. Please note that this product is a PDF and
Here's what Emily Sales said: This is perhaps, the best resource I have ever purchased on Tpt. It is a thorough, yet rigorous unit that delves into standards-based close readings. Each grouping of chapters comes with a note-taking guide for students, comprehension check, quiz, CCSS lesson, and language activity. I cannot recommend it highly enough.
Julie C. said: Excellent resource. One of the best I've used. Loved how grammar and literary elements were interwoven with the comprehension portions.
This Frankenstein Literature Guide includes:
- Pre-Reading Ideas and Activities List
- Pre-Reading Activity exploring Biological Scientific Research
- List of writing prompts/journal topics for each chapter
- Author Biography on Mary Shelley and corresponding questions
- Historical Context activities on both Romanticism and the Gothic/Science Fiction Novel and Mythology
- Glossary of Allusions, Terminology, and Expressions from the novel
- Vocabulary List with and without definitions
- Note-Taking and Summarizing activities for each chapter or section
- Comprehension Check/Study Guide questions for each chapter (numerous standards addressed)
Literature Analysis activities on:
- Mood and Tone
- Character Interactions
- Literary Archetypes
- Philosophical and Political Approaches to the Novel
- Point of View
- Historical Themes and Issues
Language and Writing activities on:
- Vocabulary in Context
- Spelling, Punctuation and Capitalization
- Verb Tense
- Precise Word Choice
- Word Origins-Etymology
- Base Words/Root Words/Affixes
- Sentence Structure
- Reading Quizzes every set of chapters
- Two Final Exam Versions--one entirely Multiple Choice
- Teacher Guide including Notes for teaching the novel
- Summary of the novel
- Post-Reading Activities and Alternative Assessment (numerous standards addressed)
- Essay and Writing Ideas/Prompts (numerous standards addressed)
- Project and Essay Rubrics
- Complete Answer Key
This Guide has been aligned to the Barnes & Noble Classics Edition, ISBN 978-1-59308-005-1, ©2003.
Lucerito S. said: I first purchased The Scarlet Letter bundle and instantly became a fan of Secondary Solutions' products. That is why I purchased this Frankenstein Literature Guide. I have been teaching Frankenstein for a couple of years now, but having this Common Core aligned unit allowed me to really embed more standards effectively into the reading. This unit is well worth the money. They really thought about everything when developing this unit. Let me not forget to mention that the answer keys were extremely helpful!
Rachel B. said: I was very nervous about teaching Frankenstein, and this was so helpful! My department chair even had the same source, and he recommended it to all of us.
Please note that this product is available as a PDF download only.