This bundle is an entire "ready-to-use," complete unit of study for Death of a Salesman. This bundle has everything from pre-reading activities to post-reading assessment tools, and everything in-between.
Perfect for student-directed distance learning or homeschooling, however, this product is a PDF only and will need modification for use in Google Classroom.
Our products are designed to require as much or as little teacher instruction or intervention as you desire. Lessons and activities are clear, and provide students with full explanation on how to complete activities (giving examples and providing mini-lessons whenever possible), requiring little to no explanation or detailed instruction from the teacher. In many cases, students will be able to self-direct their study and completion of work according to your requirements, making it perfect for distance learning.
Death of a Salesman 98-page teaching guide bundle with practical, and ready-to-use lessons for teaching Arthur Miller's play Death of a Salesman in grades 9-12. This guide includes comprehensive study of the play, and covers many standards through in-depth reading and analysis. Leaves students with a true appreciation for the themes of the play, as well as a grasp of the many skills this guide addresses.
Here's what Teaching Solutions 4U said: An excellent resource. I teach Gr. 12s and want them to be challenged, but not lost. I don't want cute time-waster activities, but insist on academically sound material that makes them think, analyze, and - most of all - relate. The material fits so well into those expectations. It is flexible enough that any part could be used as "pick and choose", core material, or supplemental material. It saved me many hours of preparation, and when all is said and done, I feel that my students have been given a quality experience with this novel. Excellent job!
This Death of a Salesman Literature Guide includes:
- List of Pre-Reading Activities and Ideas
- Pre-Reading Activity: Thematic Literary Elements
- Author Biography and Questions on Arthur Miller
- Article and Questions on The Structure of a Play
- Article and Questions on American Theater of the Post-World War II Era
- Historical Background Article and Questions: Post-World War II America
- Complete list of Allusions and Terminology
- Vocabulary lists with and without definitions
- Note-Taking and Summarizing Charts for active reading
- Comprehension and Analysis Study Guide Questions
Specific CCSS: Literature Activities on:
- Staging and Flashbacks
- Character Interactions
- Comparing Literary Works
- Character Development
Specific CCSS: Language Lessons, Activities on:
- Grammar and Usage Spelling, Punctuation, and Capitalization
- Vocabulary in Context
- Word Origins- Etymology
- Precise Word Choice
- Reading/Vocabulary Quizzes for each section
- Multiple Choice Final Exam
- List of Post-Reading and Alternative Assessment Ideas and Activities
- Essay and Writing Ideas
- Sample Agenda
- Notes to the Teacher
- Summary of the Drama
- Two project rubrics for grading
- Response to Literature Rubric
- Answer Key
Debra K. said: Your work is always excellent. I particularly like how I can pick and choose what to use from this depending upon the learning outcomes as well as the amount of time I have to spend on this play. Thank you!