Literary Device posters to help students understand 7 common types of literary devices, using quotes from popular MIDDLE school texts as examples! Brighten your classroom and reinforce skills from familiar texts and quotes your students will recognize! 7 posters in all, including a definition and quote from popular middle school texts for each of the following:
- Foreshadowing (example from Bridge to Terabithia)
- Symbolism (example from Esperanza Rising)
- Irony (example from Hoot)
- Imagery (example from Holes)
- Mood (example from The Book Thief)
- Tone (example from Call of the Wild)
- Diction (example from Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry)
These posters are high print quality, and can be printed in any size, from letter-sized to 16” by 20”. If printing from a home computer, be sure the settings indicate “letter” sized before printing (fit on page). To use again and again, print on cardstock and laminate!
Please note that this product is available as a PDF download only.