Animal Farm Novel Study - 160+ pages of lessons, coursework, activities, quizzes, tests, and much more! Classroom-tested by over 1,300 teachers with a 4.8/5 Rating! Please note that this product is a printable PDF and
Here's what Penguinlvr said: So many great ideas! This is my third purchase from you, and again, you do not disappoint. How do you do it? My favorite activity is the literary analysis activity on Napoleon. I love how you seamlessly add this essay assignment into what they are learning as they read. It's not just "Oh, by the way kids, you have a paper due." It made literary analysis writing easy to incorporate with my other lessons. Your guide (as always) covers so many different aspects of the novel. Great job (again)!
Heather L. said: I love Simply Novel. I have purchased several of the Simply Novel lesson plans for different novels that I teach. These are the best resources for high school ELA. They cover listening/speaking, writing, reading literature text, and reading informational the material provided. I will continue to purchase Simply Novel.
Warren's Wordsmiths said: This resource is so incredibly helpful. It is so organized and helps me to stay on top of my teaching. I love that it has resources for myself as a teacher as well.
This Animal Farm Literature Guide includes:
- Author Biography on George Orwell with corresponding questions
- Anticipation/Reaction Activity with Pre- and Post-Reading Reflections
- Notes on Elements of Fiction with a specific focus on Allegory
- Informational Text Articles on Government and Economic Systems and The Russian Revolution, and corresponding questions
- List of Allusions, Terminology, and Expressions, defined
- Vocabulary Lists with and without definitions
- Note-Taking and Summarizing activities for each chapter
Literary Analysis activities for each chapter, including:
- Analyzing Poetry
- Narrator and Point of View
- Tone and Mood
- Rhetoric and Propaganda
- Main and Subordinate Characters
- Allegorical Characters
- Subject Versus Theme
- Writing activity on: Response to Literature--Finding and Using Supporting Quotations for a Response to Literature Essay on Animal Farm
Language, Vocabulary and Grammar activities for each chapter, including more than one activity on:
- Base Words/Root Words/Affixes
- Connotation/ Denotation
- Context Clues
- Vocabulary in Context
- Types of Sentences
- Examples and Non-Examples
- Reading Quizzes every 2 chapters
- Vocabulary Quizzes every 2 chapters
- Two Final Test versions--one completely multiple choice
- Final Vocabulary Test
- Teacher Guide including Sample Agenda and Teacher Notes
- Novel Summary
- List of Pre-Reading Ideas and Activities
- List of Post-Reading Ideas and Activities
- List of Essay/Writing Activities
- Two Project Rubrics
- Response to Literature Rubric
- Complete Answer Key
Valerie L. said: I used this with my preAP 10th grade students and it went very well. High quality and thoughtfully done. Tons of resources. I really liked how there is a grammar, vocab, and comprehension focus for each chapter. It made it easy to spiral skills thorughout the novel.
Engagement in English said: This is SO helpful for my first year teaching this novel--gives a good sense of when certain topics should/could be covered with the novel. Provides a lot of basic things (chapter questions, quizzes, vocabulary) that teachers would otherwise spend a lot of time making or curating. Thanks!
Please Note: Common Core State Standards have not been individually notated within this Guide. Activities and lessons for this Guide are aligned with the CCSS, however, Comprehension Check Questions, quizzes, and tests may not expansively address the full rigor of the Common Core.