This A Separate Peace 93-page Literature Guide includes activities, comprehension questions, quizzes, tests, and more. Everything you need to teach A Separate Peace is ready-to-go in this complete guide!
This teaching resource for A Separate Peace includes 93 pages of student coursework aligned with the Common Core State Standards for ELA as well as the NCTE/IRA National ELA Content Standards in English for grades 9-12.
Here's what Jo Ann M. said about this A Separate Peach teacher guide: I used parts of this with my advanced 9th graders, and it went so well that this year, I am changing my lesson plans to use more of the activities. It was easy to follow and helped the students drill deeper into the text. Thanks!
This A Separate Peace Literature Guide includes:
- Pre-Reading Ideas and Activities
- Pre-Reading Activity: Thematic Literary Elements
- Author Biography: John Knowles with Comprehension Questions
- Informational/Historical Focus: Historical Context - The Beginnings of World War with Comprehension Questions
- Informational/Cultural Focus: Dealing with Grief, Trauma, and Guilt with Comprehension Questions
- Allusions, Terminology, and Expressions
- Vocabulary List
- Note-Taking and Summarizing Chart for each section
- Comprehension and Analysis Questions for each section
- Common Core Reading: Literature Focus on:
- Time and Text Structure
- Language and Tone
- Common Core Language Focus on:
- Vocabulary in Context
- Spelling, Capitalization, and Punctuation
- Word Origins - Etymology
- Quizzes for each section
- Vocabulary Quizzes for each section
- Final Exam: Multiple Choice
- Vocabulary: Final Test
- Sample Agenda
- Notes for the Teacher
- Summary of the Novel
- Vocabulary List with Definitions
- Post-Reading Activities and Extension Activities
- Essay/Writing Ideas
- Journal Prompts
- Project Rubrics
- Response to Literature Rubric
- Answer Key
Alexandra Stahlecker said: I've bought guides from Secondary Solutions (Simply Novel) before, and I love them! They are so full of different worksheets and activities, that I don't have to worry about my students not having anything to do. Love it!
Please note that this product is available as a PDF download only.