Because of Winn-Dixie Novel Study Mini-Unit with 7 awesome Literary Analysis activities for helping your students practice Point of View, Characterization, Setting, Supporting Characters, Inference and Character Changes, Comparing & Contrasting Texts, Inference and Conflict, and Theme for Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo. Includes both PRINTABLE and DIGITAL VERSIONS for Distance Learning and In-Person Classrooms!
- 2-page activity on Point of View analyze the point of view of different passages from the novel, including the clues that help tell the point of view
- 1-page activity on Characterization, including a graphic organizer on the type of characterization and what we learn about Opal
- 1-page activity on Setting, having students find general and specific aspects of the setting
- 1-page activity on Supporting Characters, including using specific details to describe each character
- 2-page activity on Inference and Character Changes, including dynamic and static characters and inference about characters
- 3-page activity on Comparing and Contrasting Texts, having students compare and contrast a first-person story with the text
- 2-page activity on Inference and Conflict having students analyze passages and the type of conflicts, and character intentions
- 2-page activity on Theme, in which students analyze passages to determine a possible theme
- Includes Answer Keys whenever possible
Includes both PRINTABLE and DIGITAL VERSIONS for Distance Learning and In-Person Classrooms.