The Giver Language & Grammar Worksheets - for use with The Giver by Lois Lowry! Students not only practice grammar and language skills, but reinforce their reading comprehension at the same time with this Grammar and Language packet. Perfect for assessment review, or as supplemental practice activities while reading the novel. Includes 17 pages of practice using the text of The Giver, including:
- 2-page Grammar Review, as students practice fixing errors in punctuation, spelling, capitalization, and grammar
- 2-page worksheet on Word Origins--Etymology, as students practice dictionary work finding word roots, meanings, and definitions
- 3-page worksheet on Identifying Parts of Speech, as students use the text to practice part of speech identification
- 2-page worksheet on Vocabulary in Context, as students infer, and look up definitions of vocabulary words from the text
- 2-page worksheet on Subject/Verb Agreement, correcting mistakes in subject/verb agreement
- 2-page activity on Phrases and Clauses, as students practice identifying and combining main and subordinate clauses
- 2-page activity on Pronouns-Number and Person, practicing inserting the appropriate pronoun in example sentences
- 2 page Punctuation Review, having students rewrite sentences with correct punctuation
- Answer Key is included!
Includes both PRINTABLE and DIGITAL VERSIONS for Distance Learning and In-Person Classrooms.