Figurative language posters to help students understand the various types of figurative language, using quotes from popular Upper Elementary (Grades 3-5) texts as examples! Brighten your classroom and reinforce skills from familiar texts and quotes your students will recognize! 7 posters in all, including a definition and quote for each of the following:
- Simile (example from Harriet the Spy)
- Metaphor (example from Where the Red Fern Grows)
- Idiom (example from Bud, Not Buddy)
- Alliteration (example from Charlotte's Web)
- Personification (example from Number the Stars)
- Onomatopoeia (example from Bridge to Terabithia)
- Hyperbole (example from James and the Giant Peach)
These posters are high print quality, and can be printed in any size, from letter-sized to 16” by 20”. If printing from a home computer, be sure the settings indicate “letter” sized before printing. To use again and again, print on cardstock and laminate!
Please note that this product is available as a download only.