Literary Device posters to help students understand 7 common types of literary devices (literary elements), using quotes from popular HIGH school texts as examples! Brighten your classroom and reinforce skills from familiar texts and quotes your students will recognize! 7 posters in all, including a definition and quote from recognizable high school texts for each of the following:
- Foreshadowing (example from Their Eyes Were Watching God)
- Symbolism (example from Lord of the Rings)
- Irony (example from Night)
- Imagery (example from Hamlet)
- Mood (example from The House on Mango Street)
- Tone (example from Brave New World)
- Diction (example from The Grapes of Wrath)
These posters are high print quality, and can be printed in any size, from letter-sized to 16” by 20”. If printing from a home computer, be sure the settings indicate “letter” sized before printing (fit on page). To use again and again, print on cardstock and laminate!
Please note that this product is available as a PDF download only.