This Figurative Language & Writing Activities packet for Freak the Mighty by Rodman Philbrick includes awesome activities for helping your students with identifying and using figurative language, sensory details, and descriptive writing.
- Practice identifying Figurative Language, then explaining the meaning with excerpts directly from the text
- Using Sensory Details practice, as students brainstorm sensory descriptions of their school cafeteria, and write a paragraph using the sensory images
- Descriptive Writing practice, as students identify sensory details and figurative language from the text, then practice their own descriptive detailed writing
- Connotation/Denotation worksheet, as students take excerpts of the text, identifying the connotation, meaning, and an alternative word or phrase.
- Writing in a Formal Style has students rewriting informal excerpts from the text into formal style using tips given in the lesson
- Includes Answer Keys whenever possible (some writing is subjective)
Includes both PRINTABLE and DIGITAL VERSIONS for Distance Learning and In-Person Classrooms.