Figurative language posters to help students understand the various types of figurative language, using quotes from popular MIDDLE school texts as examples! Brighten your classroom and reinforce skills from familiar texts and quotes your students will recognize! 7 posters in all, including a definition and quote for each of the following:
- Simile (example from Among the Hidden)
- Metaphor (example from The Giver)
- Idiom (example from The Outsiders)
- Alliteration (example from Tuck Everlasting)
- Personification (example from The Adventures of Tom Sawyer)
- Onomatopoeia (example from Freak the Mighty)
- Hyperbole (example from Hatchet)
These posters are high print quality, and can be printed in any size, from letter-sized to 16” by 20”. If printing from a home computer, be sure the settings indicate “letter” sized before printing. To use again and again, print on cardstock and laminate!
Please note that this product is available as a PDF download only.