This PACKED bundle of materials for Shakespeare's Macbeth includes 10 awesome Literary Analysis activities -- Dialogue, Monologue, & More, Mood, Conflict, Figurative Language, Characterization, Irony, Character Analysis, Motif, Tragedy & The Tragic Hero, and Theme! Help students DIG DEEPER into the play while practicing essential Common Core skills of literary analysis with these handy activities for each act! 22 pages of activities; Answer Keys included.
- Act One: 3-page activity on Dialogue, Monologue & More, as students identify the type of excerpt given, then provide an analysis as to the importance of the excerpt within the play; 2-page activity on Mood, as students identify the mood as well as the context clues that help create the mood of an excerpt from the text
- Act Two: 2-page activity on Conflict, having students identify the type of conflict and the result in the play; 2-page activity on Figurative Language, having students identify the figure of speech and analyze excerpts from the text.
- Act Three: 3-page activity on Characterization, as students analyze an excerpt, what is learned about each character and why it is important to the story so far; 2-page activity on Irony, as students learn about each type of irony, then analyze excerpts as to what the audience knows that the characters do not know
- Act Four: 2-page activity on Character Analysis, as students a complete graphic organizer with details of internal and external conflicts, motive, and influence(s) of characters; 2-page activity on Motif, having students complete a chart, finding excerpts from the text for specific motifs, then explaining the significance
- Act Five: 2-page activity on Theme, as students identify direct quotes from the text that exemplify specific themes, then explain their choices; 2-page analysis of Macbeth as a tragic hero, and a look at the characteristics of Macbeth as a traditional tragedy in Tragedy and the Tragic Hero.
- Includes Answer Keys
Includes both PRINTABLE and DIGITAL VERSIONS for Distance Learning and In-Person Classrooms.