Shiloh No-Prep Novel Study Unit - Over 100 Pages! This standards-based teaching guide includes worksheets, activities, assessments, and more for teaching Shiloh by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor! This product is a printable PDF and will need modification for use in Google Classroom.
In this comprehensive Shiloh Teaching bundle, you'll get:
Texts and Pre-Reading Activities to engage students and to support and introduce themes and context before reading
✴️ Informational Text article on Animal Cruelty and Abuse
✴️ Informational Text article on Life in Appalachia
✴️ Pre-Reading Ideas and Activities List
✴️ Author Biography with questions on Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
✴️ Vocabulary Lists, with and without definitions
✴️ Glossary of Terms from the novel
✴️ Active Reading Note-Taking Organizers
Novel-based Literary Analysis Activities that support student practice in text analysis and close reading and dig deeper into the text, specifically, activities on:
✳️ Character Traits
✳️ Point of View
✳️ Compare and Contrast
Novel-based Language and Writing Activities that support student practice, specifically on:
✳️ Supporting Your Opinion
✳️ Simple and Compound Sentences
✳️ Research Project
✳️ Verb Tenses
✳️ Synonyms and Antonyms
✴️ Over 60 Comprehension Questions PLUS all Questions in Task Card Format!
✴️ Reading Quizzes
✴️ 25-Question Final Test that includes multiple-choice and short-response questions
✴️ 25-Question Multiple Choice Final Test
✴️ Final Vocabulary Test
✴️ Post-Reading Ideas and Extension Activities List
✴️ Essay Prompts and Creative Writing Ideas
✴️ Teacher Notes
✴️ Sample Teacher Agenda
✴️ Novel Summary
✴️ Writing Rubrics
✴️ Complete Answer Key
Here's what customers are saying about this Shiloh Novel Study:
*Please note that this product was moved from our Elementary TPT store - With a 4.9/5 Rating out of 69 Ratings!*
- This is such an amazing resource... it's so detailed and complete. I can see the alignment to the CCSS. It's great! - 4th Grade Cupcakes
- My students were SO engaged throughout our novel study thanks to these activities! - Mrs.RteachesFourth
- I love using real books with my students in the classroom. I find that real books is more engaging and they learn more from the experience than using basal readers. The Simply Novel book studies are wonderful and I've used them for years. - Lindsey H.
- I used this unit with my 5th graders while reading the book Shiloh. There was so much information in the unit I didn't have enough time to use it all... I would definitely recommend this unit. - Cynthia L.
- This is an amazing unit, worth the money! Thank you so much.
- I loved the note/summary sections along with the questions. My students really enjoyed the tic-tac-toe project - Eliana E.