James and the Giant Peach No-Prep Novel Study Unit - Over 100 Pages! This standards-based teaching guide includes worksheets, activities, assessments, and more for teaching James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl! This product is a printable PDF and will need modification for use in Google Classroom.
In this comprehensive James and the Giant Peach Teaching bundle, you'll get:
Texts and Pre-Reading Activities to engage students and to support and introduce themes and genre before reading
*Pre-Reading Ideas and Activities List
*Pre-Reading Activity - Researching Bugs
*Author Biography with questions on Roald Dahl
*Vocabulary Lists, with and without definitions
*Active Reading Organizers
Novel-based Literary Analysis Activities that support student practice in text analysis and close reading and dig deeper into the text, specifically, activities on:
- Character Traits
- Connecting the Book and the Movie
Novel-based Language and Grammar Activities that support student practice, specifically on:
- Commonly Confused Words
- Progressive Verb Tenses
- Helping Verbs
Novel-based Writing Skills Practice, specifically on:
- Narrative Writing
- Concrete Words and Phrases
- Using Technology to Create an Acrostic Poem
- Writing a Summary
- Informational Writing
- Writing and Opinion Piece
*Over 100 Comprehension Questions PLUS all Questions in Task Card Format!
*25-Question Final Test that includes multiple-choice and short response questions
*25-Question Multiple Choice Final Test
*Post-Reading Ideas and Activities
*Essay Prompts and Creative Writing Ideas
*Sample Teacher Agenda
*Complete Answer Key
Here's what customers are saying about this James and the Giant Peach Novel Study:
*Please note that this product was moved from our Elementary TPT store - With a 4.9/5 Rating out of 70 Ratings given!*
- Excellent resource! We started this last week and my kids have absolutely loved all the pre-reading activities and author activities! - Judy L.
- I began this unit with my 4th graders this past week. The LOVE it and I LOVE all the resources! I won't have time to use all of them, but it is certainly a time-saver to have all these quality resources at my fingertips to use when needed! I plan to do more novel studies next year and will definitely purchase from you. You are very thorough and cover all subjects nicely! Thank you! - Sandra M.
- I love using real books with my students in the classroom. I find that reading real books is more engaging and they learn more from the experience than using basal readers. The Simply Novel book studies are wonderful and I've used them for years. - Lindsey H.
- Super produce. Amazingly in-depth. I love how they analyze passages from the book. - Valerie R.
- I love your units. They are so thorough! - Southern Accent Designs
- A wonderful way to introduce the idea of independent study or enrichment for students that are above grade-level in reading skills. Great for small group work or in-depth guided reading/close reading activities. - Red Apple Teaching Store
- Simply Novel products are nicely laid out and very easy to use. They are adjustable for students at different levels. - Julie S.