Fahrenheit 451 novel teaching unit, complete with 84 pages of student coursework, activities, quizzes, tests, and more, fully aligned with the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts for 10th through 12th grade.
Here's what Warren's Wordsmiths said: I really don't know what I would do without these lessons. When I purchase from this store I know that I have a paced out unit ready to go with little prep work on my end. This makes it so much easier for a super involved teacher to go confidently into the classroom ready to teach!
Mrs Milward ELA said: I cannot say enough how great this resource is. It is fully comprehensive and aligned with common core informational standards as well. I love that I can pick and choose which activities I want. The teacher's guide and quizzes are more than sufficient. So worth the price!
Teaching with Simply Novel's Fahrenheit 451 complete unit gives the rigor you are looking for, while helping your students enjoy the story itself. Your students will gain an enjoyment and understanding of the literature and a grasp of the skills required for state and national testing. You can be confident you're addressing the skills your students need to learn, and you'll love having more time on your hands not having to create lessons and materials yourself!
Since 2005, Simply Novel has been creating highly-acclaimed, superior-quality resources for middle and high school ELA. As one of the top secondary sellers on TpT since 2006, you can be assured that our products truly deliver!
This Fahrenheit 451 Literature Guide includes:
- Sample 6-Week Teaching Agenda (proposed)
- Literary Terms to Know: Elements of Fiction handout
- Informational Text focus: Biography on author Ray Bradbury with corresponding questions
- Informational Text focus on The History of Book Burning as a Form of Censorship
- List of Frequently Challenged and Banned books (to 2005)
- List of 105 Allusions, Terminology, and Sayings to Know from the book, with explanations
- Vocabulary List With and Without Definitions
- Anticipation/Reaction Pre-Reading Activity (a look at pre-reading reactions to some of the themes that will emerge in the novel)
- Note-Taking and Summarizing active reading guide with blank forms and example for each section (Part One, Part Two, Part Three)
- Comprehension Check Questions for each section (Part One, Part Two, Part Three)
- Standards-Focused Activities (addressing select Reading: Literature, Language, and Writing standards) with a focus on:
- Part One:
- Characterization (Direct Characterization, Indirect Characterization, Character Motivation)
- Setting, Tone and Mood
- Word Roots (dictionary work)
- Vocabulary in Context (context definition vs. dictionary definition; inference)
- Part Two:
- Part One:
- Poetry Analysis (analysis of the poem "Dover Beach")
- Figurative Language (analysis of figures of speech directly from the text)
- Word Origins (etymology and dictionary work)
- Vocabulary in Context (meaning inference)
- Part Three:
- Developing Style (rewriting text excerpts using writing techniques)
- Author's Style (identifying elements of style and effects of text excerpts)
- Word Parts (analysis of words, word parts - dictionary work)
- Literal and Figurative Meaning (figurative, literal meaning of text excerpts)
- Reading Quizzes for Parts One, Two, Three
- Vocabulary Quizzes for Parts One, Two, Three
- Two Final Test Versions (one entirely multiple choice)
- Summary of the Novel
- List of 22 Pre-Reading Ideas and Activities
- List of Cross-Curricular Post-Reading Ideas and Activities
- List of various Essay/Writing Ideas and Prompts
- Two Project Rubrics
- Response to Literature Rubric
- Complete Answer Key
Candace T. said: I love Secondary Solutions because they give me a baseline for where I want to start my lesson plans. The lessons are easily malleable into stations activities or projects if I want to create, or I can simply print and go. Love everything about them.
Please Note: This Guide was written before the advent of the Common Core Standards, however, the activities and lessons meet many of the CCSS as written. Activities and lessons for this Guide are aligned with the CCSS, however, Comprehension Check Questions, quizzes, and tests may not expansively address the full rigor of the Common Core. Common Core State Standards have not been individually notated within this Guide.
Please note that this product is available as a PDF download only.