SPECIAL NOTE for DISTANCE LEARNING : I have marked this product as appropriate for Distance Learning as this guide is an entire "ready-to-use," complete unit of study for A Separate Peace. This guide has everything from pre-reading activities to post-reading assessment tools, and everything in-between.
Our products are designed to require as much or as little teacher instruction or intervention as you desire. Lessons and activities are clear, and provide students with full explanation on how to complete activities (giving examples and providing mini-lessons whenever possible), requiring little to no explanation or detailed instruction from the teacher. In many cases, students will be able to self-direct their study and completion of work according to your requirements. Additionally, I have unlocked the PDF so that those who need to use parts of this Guide in Google Classroom can modify it for their needs.
PLEASE NOTE: This material is still copyright protected, and it is a violation to sell or post these materials in any publicly accessible site. You may, however post what you need for your students on a secure school site or similar, where the general public cannot access these materials. THANK YOU!
This A Separate Peace 93-page Literature Guide includes activities, comprehension questions, quizzes, tests, and more. Everything you need to teach A Separate Peace is ready-to-go in this complete guide!
This teaching resource for A Separate Peace includes 93 pages of student coursework aligned with the Common Core State Standards for ELA as well as the NCTE/IRA National ELA Content Standards in English for grades 9-12.
Here's what Jo Ann M. said about this A Separate Peach teacher guide: I used parts of this with my advanced 9th graders, and it went so well that this year, I am changing my lesson plans to use more of the activities. It was easy to follow and helped the students drill deeper into the text. Thanks!
This A Separate Peace Literature Guide includes:
- Pre-Reading Ideas and Activities
- Pre-Reading Activity: Thematic Literary Elements
- Author Biography: John Knowles with Comprehension Questions
- Informational/Historical Focus: Historical Context - The Beginnings of World War with Comprehension Questions
- Informational/Cultural Focus: Dealing with Grief, Trauma, and Guilt with Comprehension Questions
- Allusions, Terminology, and Expressions
- Vocabulary List
- Note-Taking and Summarizing Chart for each section
- Comprehension and Analysis Questions for each section
- Common Core Reading: Literature Focus on:
- Time and Text Structure
- Language and Tone
- Common Core Language Focus on:
- Vocabulary in Context
- Spelling, Capitalization, and Punctuation
- Word Origins - Etymology
- Quizzes for each section
- Vocabulary Quizzes for each section
- Final Exam: Multiple Choice
- Vocabulary: Final Test
- Sample Agenda
- Notes for the Teacher
- Summary of the Novel
- Vocabulary List with Definitions
- Post-Reading Activities and Extension Activities
- Essay/Writing Ideas
- Journal Prompts
- Project Rubrics
- Response to Literature Rubric
- Answer Key
Alexandra Stahlecker said: I've bought guides from Secondary Solutions (Simply Novel) before, and I love them! They are so full of different worksheets and activities, that I don't have to worry about my students not having anything to do. Love it!
Please note that this product is available as a PDF download only.