SPECIAL NOTE for DISTANCE LEARNING : I have marked this product as useful for Distance Learning as this bundle is an entire "ready-to-use," complete unit of study for Tuck Everlasting. This bundle has everything from pre-reading activities to post-reading assessment tools, and everything in-between.
Our products are designed to require as much or as little teacher instruction or intervention as you desire. Lessons and activities are clear, and provide students with full explanation on how to complete activities (giving examples and providing mini-lessons whenever possible), requiring little to no explanation (or detailed teaching) from the teacher. In many cases, students will be able to self-direct their study and completion of work according to your requirements. Additionally, I have unlocked the PDF and separated Student Materials from Teacher Materials so that those who need to use parts of this Guide in Google Classroom can modify it for their needs.
PLEASE NOTE: This material is still copyright protected, and it is a violation to sell or post these materials in any publicly accessible site. You may, however post what you need for your students on a secure school site or similar, where the general public cannot access these materials. THANK YOU!
Tuck Everlasting 98-page standards-aligned teacher guide includes coursework, activities, quizzes, tests, and much more aligned with the Common Core State Standards and NCTE/IRA National ELA Standards for 5th through 7th grade.
Here's what Franci N. said about this Tuck Everlasting unit: Irreplaceable resource! I have purchased three of your literature guides, and I love them all - thanks!
Molly Koshewa said: Great product! Strong support for students. Well worth the money!
Our Tuck Everlasting Literature Guide includes:
- Sample Teacher's Agenda
- Notes and corresponding questions on Fairy Tales, Myths, and Folk Tales (RL.5.1, RL.5.2, RI.5.3; RL.6.1, RL.6.2, RL.6.3; RL.7.1, RL.7.2, RL.7.3)
- Author Biography on Natalie Babbitt, followed by Comprehension Check Questions (RI.5.1, RI.5.2, RI.5.3; RI.6.1, RI.6.2, RI.6.3; RI.7.1, RI.7.2, RI.7.3)
- Historical Context Notes and corresponding Comprehension Check Questions on Ponce DeLeon and His Quest for the Fountain of Youth (RI.5.1, RI.5.2, RI.5.3; RI.6.1, RI.6.2, RI.6.3; RI.7.1, RI.7.2, RI.7.3)
- Anticipation/Reaction Pre-Reading Activity and Group Discussion (W.5.4, SL.5.1.A, SL.5.1.B, SL.5.1.C, SL.5.1.D, SL.5.2, SL.5.3, SL.5.4; RI.6.1, RI.6.
- Vocabulary Lists With and Without Definitions (L.5.6; L.6.6; L.7.6)
- List and Meanings of Allusions and Terms found within the novel (L.5.6; L.6.6; L.7.6)
- Active Reading Note-Taking and Summarizing Chart to help students remain engaged and keep track of the story while reading (RL.5.1, RL.5.2; RL.6.1, RL.6.2; RL.7.1, RL.7.2)
- Comprehension Check Chapter Questions
Common Core aligned Activities on:
- Foreshadowing (RL.5.5; RL.6.5; RL.7.5)
- Precise Word Choice (RL.5.4, L.5.5; RL.6.4, L.6.5, L.6.5.C; RL.7.4, L.7.5, L.7.4.C)
- Figurative Language (RL.5.4, L.5.5, L.5.5.A; RL.6.4, RL.7.4)
- Word Origins (L.5.4.B, L.5.4.C; L.6.4.B, L.6.4.C; L.7.4.B, L.7.4.C)
- Theme (RL.5.1, RL.5.2; RL.6.1, RL.6.2; RL.7.1, RL.7.2)
- Identifying Parts of Speech (L.5.1; L.6.4.C; L.7.4.C)
- Character Development (RL.5.2; RL.6.3; RL.7.3)
- Synonyms and Antonyms (L.5.5.C; L.6.5.B; L.7.5.B)
- Dialect (RL.5.4, L.5.4.A, L.5.5.A; RL.6.4, L.6.4, L.6.4.A, L.6.5.A; RL.7.4, L.7.4, L.7.4.A, L.7.5.A)
- Vocabulary in Context (L5.4.A; L.6.4.A; L.7.4.A)
- Elements of Plot (RL.5.5; RL.6.3; RL.7.3)
- Vocabulary Extension (RL.5.4, L.5.5; RL.6.4, L.6.5, L.6.5.C; RL.7.4, L.7.5, L.7.4.C)
- Reading and Vocabulary Quizzes Every Three Chapters
- Two Final Test Versions
- Novel Summary
- List of 14 Pre-Reading Project Ideas and Activities
- List of 11 Post-Reading Cross-Curricular Project Ideas and Activities
- List of 14 Essay/Writing Activities and Ideas, text/evidence based and non-text based
- Project and Response to Literature Rubrics
- Complete Answer Key
Buyer said: This is a really good product. The questions cover many high order thinking. It has saved me a lot of time as it's very easy to use.
Please note that this product is available as a PDF download only.