Tuck Everlasting 98-page standards-aligned teacher guide includes coursework, activities, quizzes, tests, and much more aligned with the Common Core State Standards and NCTE/IRA National ELA Standards for 5th through 7th grade.
Here's what Franci N. said about this Tuck Everlasting unit: Irreplaceable resource! I have purchased three of your literature guides, and I love them all - thanks!
Molly Koshewa said: Great product! Strong support for students. Well worth the money!
Our Tuck Everlasting Literature Guide includes:
- Sample Teacher's Agenda
- Notes and corresponding questions on Fairy Tales, Myths, and Folk Tales (RL.5.1, RL.5.2, RI.5.3; RL.6.1, RL.6.2, RL.6.3; RL.7.1, RL.7.2, RL.7.3)
- Author Biography on Natalie Babbitt, followed by Comprehension Check Questions (RI.5.1, RI.5.2, RI.5.3; RI.6.1, RI.6.2, RI.6.3; RI.7.1, RI.7.2, RI.7.3)
- Historical Context Notes and corresponding Comprehension Check Questions on Ponce DeLeon and His Quest for the Fountain of Youth (RI.5.1, RI.5.2, RI.5.3; RI.6.1, RI.6.2, RI.6.3; RI.7.1, RI.7.2, RI.7.3)
- Anticipation/Reaction Pre-Reading Activity and Group Discussion (W.5.4, SL.5.1.A, SL.5.1.B, SL.5.1.C, SL.5.1.D, SL.5.2, SL.5.3, SL.5.4; RI.6.1, RI.6.
- Vocabulary Lists With and Without Definitions (L.5.6; L.6.6; L.7.6)
- List and Meanings of Allusions and Terms found within the novel (L.5.6; L.6.6; L.7.6)
- Active Reading Note-Taking and Summarizing Chart to help students remain engaged and keep track of the story while reading (RL.5.1, RL.5.2; RL.6.1, RL.6.2; RL.7.1, RL.7.2)
- Comprehension Check Chapter Questions
Common Core aligned Activities on:
- Foreshadowing (RL.5.5; RL.6.5; RL.7.5)
- Precise Word Choice (RL.5.4, L.5.5; RL.6.4, L.6.5, L.6.5.C; RL.7.4, L.7.5, L.7.4.C)
- Figurative Language (RL.5.4, L.5.5, L.5.5.A; RL.6.4, RL.7.4)
- Word Origins (L.5.4.B, L.5.4.C; L.6.4.B, L.6.4.C; L.7.4.B, L.7.4.C)
- Theme (RL.5.1, RL.5.2; RL.6.1, RL.6.2; RL.7.1, RL.7.2)
- Identifying Parts of Speech (L.5.1; L.6.4.C; L.7.4.C)
- Character Development (RL.5.2; RL.6.3; RL.7.3)
- Synonyms and Antonyms (L.5.5.C; L.6.5.B; L.7.5.B)
- Dialect (RL.5.4, L.5.4.A, L.5.5.A; RL.6.4, L.6.4, L.6.4.A, L.6.5.A; RL.7.4, L.7.4, L.7.4.A, L.7.5.A)
- Vocabulary in Context (L5.4.A; L.6.4.A; L.7.4.A)
- Elements of Plot (RL.5.5; RL.6.3; RL.7.3)
- Vocabulary Extension (RL.5.4, L.5.5; RL.6.4, L.6.5, L.6.5.C; RL.7.4, L.7.5, L.7.4.C)
- Reading and Vocabulary Quizzes Every Three Chapters
- Two Final Test Versions
- Novel Summary
- List of 14 Pre-Reading Project Ideas and Activities
- List of 11 Post-Reading Cross-Curricular Project Ideas and Activities
- List of 14 Essay/Writing Activities and Ideas, text/evidence based and non-text based
- Project and Response to Literature Rubrics
- Complete Answer Key
Buyer said: This is a really good product. The questions cover many high order thinking. It has saved me a lot of time as it's very easy to use.
Please note that this product is available as a PDF download only.