Figurative language posters to help students understand the various types of figurative language, using quotes from popular high school texts as examples! Brighten your classroom and reinforce skills from familiar texts and quotes your students will recognize!
7 posters in all, including a definition and quote from recognizable high school literature for each of the following:
- Simile (example from The Great Gatsby)
- Metaphor (example from Macbeth)
- Idiom (example from Of Mice and Men)
- Alliteration (example from Great Expectations)
- Personification (example from A Separate Peace)
- Onomatopoeia (example from Romeo and Juliet)
- Hyperbole (example from The Catcher in the Rye)
These posters are high print quality, and can be printed in any size, from letter-sized to 16” by 20”. If printing from a home computer, be sure the settings indicate “letter” sized before printing. To use again and again, print on cardstock and laminate!
Please note that this product is available as a download only.