This 77-page Literature Guide for Sarah, Plain and Tall contains ready-to-use activities, quizzes, tests, and more aligned with the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts for third and fourth grades.... just print, and you're ready to go!
Susan S. said: Excellent! More than I expected! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
This Sarah, Plain and Tall Complete Literature Guide Bundle includes (specific Common Core standards addressed are in parentheses):
- Author Biography on Patricia MacLachlan with corresponding questions on the biography (RI.3.2; RI.4.1., RI.4.2, RI.4.3)
- Notes and Activity on the genres of fiction and non-fiction (RI.3.1., RI.3.4; RI.4.1, RI.4.2, RI.4.4)
- Historical Context Research Activity on Life in the 1890s (RI.3.1, RI.3.2, RI.3.8; RI.4.1, RI.4.3, RI.4.4, RI.4.7)
- Historical Context Notes on Life on the Frontier (RI.3.1, RI.3.2, RI.3.8; RI.4.1, RI.4.3, RI.4.4, RI.4.7)
- Pre-Reading Activity: American Tall Tale - Paul Bunyan (RL.3.2, SL.3.1; RL.4.2, RI.4.2, SL.4.1)
- Glossary of New Terminology (RL.3.4, L.3.4; RL.4.4, L.4.4)
- Vocabulary Lists With and Without Definitions (RL.3.4, L.3.4; RL.4.4, L.4.4)
- Novel Summary by Chapter
- Note-Taking and Summarizing Chart for each chapter (RL.3.3, RL.3.5, RL.3.6, RL.3.7, W.3.4, W.3.5; RL.4.1, RL.4.2, W.4.4, W.4.5)
- Literature (CCS) Standards Focus Activities on
- Writing a Personal Ad (Persuasive Writing) (W.3.2, W.3.2.A, W.3.2.B, W.3.2.C; W.4.2, W.4.2.A, W.4.2.B, W.4.2.C)
- Character Traits (RL.3.1, RL.3.3; RL.4.1, RL.4.3)
- Character Motivation (RL.3.1, RL.3.3; RL.4.1, RL.4.3)
- Inference (RL.3.1, RL.3.3: RL.4.1, RL.4.3)
Kathleen P. said: So many great resources and many ideas for this book! Love it!
- Chapter Questions for each chapter, based on Bloom's Taxonomy (numerous standards addressed)
- Specific Language Standards-Based Activities (CCS) on
- Parts of Speech (L.3.1; L.4.1)
- Subject/Verb Agreement (L.3.1; L.4.1)
- Pronoun/Antecedent Agreement (L.3.1, L.4.1)
- Point of View (RL.4.6)
- Reading Quizzes
- Two Final Test Versions
- Pre-Reading, Post-Reading, and Writing Activities and Ideas
- Complete Answer Key
Alicia S. said: In love with this resource!!!